"All praise and glory go to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

PRESENCE OF GOD


Here we hear another way of coming to unceasing prayer. The prayer continues to pray within me even while I am talking with others or concentrating on manual work. 

The prayer here has become the active presence of God’s spirit guiding me through life. Thus we see how true charity and the activity of the prayer of Jesus in our heart, all of our day can become an ongoing prayer. 

I’m not suggesting that we should do what the monk Lucius did, or what the Russian pilgrim did. But I do suggest that we too in our busy ministry should be concerned to pray without ceasing, so that whatever we eat, whatever we drink, whatever we do at all, we do it for the glory of God. 

To love and work for the glory of God cannot remain an idea about which we think once in a while. But it has to become an interior, unceasing doxology.

2011 Roman Catholic Spirituality is powered by | Blogger | | Our Blogger Templates